[Rhodes22-list] Political - for Brad's Eyes - notrelatedtosailing!

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 10:46:24 EST 2005

Stan,

I'm in between flights and in a bit of a hurry but
I'll get back to you in more detail later.  This could
be a great opportunity or it could be a way to lose
control of your molds.  Phillip Rhodes could tell you
some ugly stories if he were alive, about what
happened to at least one of his designs dealing with
the Chinese boat-builders.  Let me send the address to
my sister-in-law, a Fordham University MBA and
high-muckety-much with Hewlitt-Packard in Beijing and
check the address out.  A lot of people set up offices
in their apartments and spend a great deal of effort
on business cards and letterheads.  You never know.

On the positive side, sailing is starting to catch on
in China and they need some boatbuilders.  The R-22
would be a perfect boat for the market.  We went to
Quingdao last fall, the site of the 2008 Olympic
sailing venue, and saw a couple of sailing clubs and a
few private boats.  Doing business in China is still
very tricky so one needs to proceed with caution.
However, there are lots of opportunities.

I'll get back to you, gotta go fly.

Brad