[Rhodes22-list] Secure furled jib?

Lloyd Crowther lcrowther at cox.net
Mon Feb 28 17:32:19 EST 2005

Bob,

You can furl the jib so that the little triangle doesn't stick out, i.e., it
will lay flat against the side of the furled jib.  If it won't do that for
you, you can furl the jib as far in as it will go, tie a short piece of line
around the furled jib so it won't flop around, and then let go the jib
sheets, take them out of their blocks and wrap them (both at the same time)
around the furled jib until you like the results.  Put the jib sheets back
through their blocks and secure them, untie the short piece of line, and
Voila!!  You can still furl the jib so the little triangle sticks out by not
pulling the jib furling line quite so far off the reel.  I keep a tension on
my lee jib sheet while I am furling the jib so that it furls tightly as it
winds around the headstay.

Lloyd