[Rhodes22-list] Secure furled jib?

Jim Connolly jbconnolly at comcast.net
Mon Feb 28 20:44:02 EST 2005

I tie a loop of small line through the clew and the boom track slider, then
around the boom to secure the boom slider forward and restrain the clew of
the jib vertically, and pass the line forward around the mast to keep the
main from unfurling.

I had the boom track slider loosen and slide aft in a gale at the mooring.
The main outhaul flogged a bit and the cover was slightly frayed.

Jim Connolly
s/v Inisheer
'85 recycled '03