[Rhodes22-list] Re: Problems removing cap of centerboard trunk

Luis Guzman trpclman at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 15:54:43 EST 2005

I was able to remove the cap of the centerboard trunk. It does not look bad in there. Just a few barnicles. The seal between the cap and the trunk was something like silicone or some other rubber. The hardware on the cap is all shot and has to be replaced. Also, the pivot pin for the centerboard is gone. There is still metal on the sides of the keel, and there were barnicles on what should have been the pivot. I knocked down the barnicles and did not find any pin.

I guess my centerboard is the one with the pin thru the keel. The trunk is the same width along it. Now that I know the type of pivot pin that I'm suppossed to have, Stan can send me the right hardware to go along with the centerboard that I recently bought from him.