[Rhodes22-list] The Hydrogen Economy

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 05:10:21 EST 2005

Roger,

Hopefully you've patented your process, you're on to
something.  The demise of easy oil has been predicted
since Col. Drake's first well and Rockefeller's
monopoly but this time it looks for real.  Hubbert was
dead on the money about when US oil production would
peak and it looks like his turn-of-the-century
prediction for world peak production is true as well.
I download the Association for the Study of Peak Oil
and Gas newsletter each month and the outlook isn't
pretty.  If crude had stayed at $55/barrel we would
have seen more biodiesel plants coming on line and
more people trading their Surburbans for diesel VW's.
When oil gets to $100/barrel, and it will, the market
will move in that direction without anyone from the
government telling consumers to do so.  The Europeans
currently drive about 40% diesels, many of which are
fueled by rapeseed based diesel.  The one area we
can't replace with biofuels is Jet Fuel.  With our
current technology we need crude.  I burn over 10,000
gallons of the stuff every day at work and that's a
lot of trips to the grocery in the SUV.  We've got
lots of coal.  If we can figure out how to burn it
clean or convert it at a lesser energy and
enviromental cost, we're in business.  I stick with my
original prediction, NUKES is the way to go.  The
French produce 70% of their electricity this way and
we'll have to join with them sooner or later.

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"

=== message truncated ===