[Rhodes22-list] Spam Filter

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sun Jan 9 09:48:32 EST 2005

Most spam filters allow "white lists", a list of addresses (or even
domains) that automatically make it past the filter. The one I use
(basically a modified Spam Assassin) assigns a -100 score to each
address or domain on the list.

Another method is to adjust the scoring in assigned to various
triggers. Many of the systems can attach a text file that explains each
point in the score, so you know why it was triggered.

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> cen09402 at centurytel.net 1/8/2005 10:28:45 PM >>>
Gee Bill,

Given that I don't control the filtering parameters on your spam filter
& we
don't even know what triggered the filter, I am open to suggestions as
what I should do different.

Maybe you'll just have to turn off your spam filter or learn to live
without
my e-mails.  It's your call.  Either way, the world will little note or
long
remember. :)

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium