[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Launching and Retrieving

Bryan Childs bchilds1 at peoplepc.com
Fri Jan 14 16:44:18 EST 2005

Thanks for the advice.  I take everything out of all the areas aft of the axle (motor, rudder, battery, gear, etc).  I have a bow "V" support which I move all the way forward.  I have it marked as to the acceptable location once I remove the boat. If I am not near that mark I am scarred shitless when I drive on the highway.

I have heard of people that actually winch the trailer to the boat when it is in the water.  This lead me to the idea I mentioned which seems easier.

I have taking my Rhodes to Florida to sail the Keys for the month of March.  Hope to get to the Dry Tortugas this year. The beauty about the Keys is that you can sail along and take out the boat in many locations if the weather is bad or you just get tired.  There is a bus system that can get you back to your truck/trailer.