[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Retrieving

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Jan 14 21:00:59 EST 2005

Bryan:
	The ties down rings are on the trailer.  You attach the straps to
the rings and put them over the trailer.  The tie down rings are situated so
the straps would cross the cockpit just behind the winches and across the
foredeck just foreword of the cabin hatches.
	You would have to attach straps that would cross about the same
places.  How would you do this?  Go to a welder and have him weld loops to
attach straps to.  Or, just get big u-bolts and bolt them on.  The same kind
of devices that hold the springs on.  Or, loop the straps around the trailer
frame.
	I used to have the '84 trailer.  It did not have anywhere to tie
straps onto.  Stan has always said that straps were not necessary.  The new
trailers are coming thru with strap attaching points.
	You need to pad the straps so that they do not scratch the boat.
	If you use tie down straps, the boat does not bounce as much.  The
boat stays in the same place on the trailer.
	If you are coming down I-75, you come near Wally.  Rummy, Captain
Bob, and I are on the other side of the Smokies.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA