[Rhodes22-list] Hot Buttered Rum

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Jan 16 06:35:56 EST 2005

Bill,
It's not bad sailing this time of the year. Remember, all the suns rays are
captured in the cockpit and it also blocks a lot of the wind. Capt. Keller and
I  were out sailing Saturday. When I left the dock the temperature was 39
degrees  with a 12 mph wind out of the NE. It turned out to be a wonderful day
and got  home in time for the football game. Long underwear is a wonderful way
to keep  the admiral warm and a thermos of hot buttered rum.......a very large
thermos.  I've learned over the years to layer clothes so you can add or
subtract as  needed. I top everything off with a good wind breaker. It has a hood
and good  elastic on the cuffs to block the wind from going up the arms. A
winter hat is a  necessity.
When you do get a little chilled, simply pull into a protected cove, drop
anchor and warm up by the suns rays. Winter sailing is great. No bugs, no water
bugs, few fisherman and power boaters. However, I do miss the bikinis.

Rummy........
PS. My admiral thought I was nuts and wouldn't come with me, but that's
kinda par for the course anyway.