[Rhodes22-list] Trailering

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Jan 16 19:10:15 EST 2005

Brian,
	Even cables are loosely tightened on the winch.  Once that 3000lbs
hits, it tightens the slack causing the boat to back off 6 inches to a foot.
I said it before and I say it again, if the boat moves back on the first
retrieval, now that the cable, strap whatever is tightened, back it in
quickly and bring the boat forward.  Especially if you are going 1500 miles.

Mary Lou,
	Thank you for bring the FAQ page into this discussion.  I guess I
made a mistake on the very first reply.  You got me.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  "Having made the decision ... to compete in a single-handed,
round-the-world race, I now had a clear goal and it was up to me to make it
happen." Pete Goss, Close to the Wind