[Rhodes22-list] Topping Lift

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Fri Jan 21 00:08:24 EST 2005

Rob,

Have you checked the FAQ page on topping lifts?

http://www.geocities.com/blew_skies/toplift.html

One of the articles on this FAQ page gives details on the adjustable topping
lift on Dynamic Equilibrium, which is also a 1976 Rhodes 22.

I believe the line on our topping lift is 1/4 inch OD Stayset X double braid
Dacron.  The topping lift is not heavily loaded, so the 1/4 inch OD is
plenty strong enough.  The mast connection is a bowline knot thru an
eyestrap on the aft end of the masthead casting.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium