[Rhodes22-list] Help needed

Saroj Gilbert saroj at pathfind.net
Sat Jul 9 13:34:29 EDT 2005

Yancy, nearly all of us on this list are Rhodes22 owners or past owners or wannabe's... but I came up with some potential resources for you:

Rhodes Bantam Class Association
Kathy Burlitch
2133 Ellis Hollow Rd
Ithaca, NY 14850
USA
Phone: 607-539-7316

http://www.uswpca.org/

Another Rhodes14 Bantam owner: Trish Myler  (404) 422-6902

When I got my Rhodes22 and was faced with the same dilemma, I had some experienced sailors I knew help me rig the boat... most small boats are rigged similarly so they can pretty easily be figured out by an experienced sailor.  However if yours has not been well-maintained, it could be missing some blocks or fair leads or cleats that might create a mystery.  I also would suggest you not be shy about contacting the previous owner if you can.  Since even the same boat model can vary in what that particular features that boat has (traveler type, boom vang, etc.), even someone with the same boat could tell you something that wouldn't apply to yours.  You might consider finding a sailing club to join or engaging folks at your local sailing venue for suggestions.

Good luck,
Saroj