[Rhodes22-list] Help needed - Rhodes Bantam

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 10 11:01:35 EDT 2005

I own a 1963 Rhodes Bantam (see attached photo) as well as my 84 Rhodes 22.
I contacted Kathy 4 plus years ago and she informed me the Bantam
Association had ceased to exist. She mailed me some photo copies of old
Association Newsletters that had some rigging instructions. The copies were
not real clear and the photos were of very little help.

You would rig just about like any other sailboat so it isn't really to much
of a problem. I don't sail my Bantam much these days. I have a fixed rudder
and was always afraid of ripping the wooden transom out of my 40 year old
boat. I have towed the Bantam to Outer Banks before and used sound side for
day sailing. I had a few groundings in NC and one here locally and decided I
really should get kickup rudder. I recently aquired a kick up rudder for an
FJ and I am in the process of converting to fit my Bantam. My new rudder
should be ready shortly.

If you have any specific questions I will try to answer. The Bantam is a
very nice day sailor and is quite stable as far as sailing dinghys go. It is
easy to tow, launch, and retirieve. Is your Bantam wooden or fiberglass?

Fair Winds

Wally, KNoxville TN