[Rhodes22-list] Help needed - Rhodes Bantam

Mark Kaynor mkaynor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:05:25 EDT 2005

Bob,

Your house repairs from last year still aren't finished and we just entered
the most active hurricane season in recorded history (5 named storms by 5
July)? Ouch. Let's hope they all give you a miss this year so you can get
back to normal.

We got the remnants of Cindy last Thursday night. We were on the boat - I
don't know what the wind speed was, but it was blowing pretty good. We
actually had the mast pumping in some of the higher gusts. A tornado touched
down about 15 miles away and did some damage, so we know there was some
"localized" weather going on, as well.  And we had loads of rain. The owners
of several other boats were complaining about water ingress - drips on the
v-berth, the settees, etc. We fared pretty well - we only had a few drips on
the sole below the dorade in the head - in the shower so no harm done -
probably blown in by the wind.

Mark