[Rhodes22-list] Wanted - Rhodes 22 in California

b.ivers at att.net b.ivers at att.net
Wed Jul 13 22:58:54 EDT 2005

   Paul, Rhodes owners are hard to find in the west. We have an older (1976) R-22. and live near Carson City NV. There is a Rhodie in southern OR. and one or two in southern CA.
   This is our first sailboat and I went low budget to be sure the this hoby is going to work for us. So our boat is not pretty like most of the others but it is an R-22 it sails wonderful, we are having lots of fun practicing and improving skills we learned in sailing school. It is working for us!
   Our Rhodes 22 was the result of two years of research. We are sailing the finest 22 foot sailer for under $4500. I did have to go to N. Carolina to get it. The Or. rhodie had to go to east coast also.
   We are sailing Lake Tahoe and Pyramid lake. Good luck finding a west coast boat.
P.S.  To be honest I did not figure the cost of the trip to N.C. in the cost of the boat.
  Barry.

-------------- Original message from iceman at icesculptureworld.com: --------------