[Rhodes22-list] wanted - Rhodes 22 in California - contacts

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Jul 14 15:26:00 EDT 2005

Paul,

Make a full size ice sculpture of a Rhodes-22 and sail north!  How far
do you think you could get?

The Rhodes-22 is the Rolls Royce of the class of boats you like to
sail.  It is both extremely comfortable, and a lot of fun to sail.

You can sail an R-22 within minutes of getting on board, and you can
continue to learn to sail it better for the rest of your life.  It's a
well made boat, better made than most boats costing 10 times as much.
It is beautifully engineered, and is full of features we all simply take
for granted--until we go aboard other boats and are shocked that they
are missing almost all of these features.

If I were you, from your description of yourself, I would start looking
for one to buy right now.  Either from Stan, or on the open market.  In
the process of looking you will hook up with people for rides, and to
sail the boat.  If it's not for you, you will know right away.  But if
you like what you see you won't be able to get one quickly enough.
There's really nothing else like it in the world.

Bill Effros