[Rhodes22-list] Getaway

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Thu Jul 14 17:51:01 EDT 2005

Rob,

Don't go changing the line just yet.  If I remember correctly, Bob was an
engineer so he probably used the right size line.  My board sticks a little
too but not because the line is too thick.  When we're on a reach, there's
some lateral pressure on the board pushing it against the trunk, and I often
have to luff up briefly to get the board to drop.  Sometimes just a little
waggle with the tiller does the trick.  And I have the same thing with the
drain.  Water doesn't go down very well and I usually just sponge it away.
But if we're at the dock and not under way, the board freely goes down (it
only sticks when we're under way) and if I move the line up and down a bit,
the water drains pretty well. That's a lot easier than replacing the line.

Slim