[Rhodes22-list] Ah! Rummy for President! Mac 26 Sailboats!

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Jul 14 20:39:04 EDT 2005

Art,
	You can speak!  Advocating Rummy for President, Wow!  Now the
subject of Mac 26's.  Were is Bill Effros on this question.  Was it Peter
Thorn sailing around Long Island, New York in one?
	A few years ago I was in central Vermont, not far from the 6th great
lake.  At a place called Basin Harbor, a guy took his brother in law's Mac
26 with a group of family and neighbors to watch a 4th of July fireworks
display.  Children without life preservers on, copious alcohol, most sitting
on one side of the boat with feet in water.  Oops!  She turtled. Two kids
drowned.  Did I say the brother in law did not take on his water ballast?
	All on this list know that Mr. Rummy knows how to tip a boat over
also.  However, he did not drown anybody.  His tip over was not a complete
turtle and his helmsman had to work on it.  Water ballast has some problems
that require a unique knowledge for safety.  This applies to all boats that
use water ballast.  That would include Hunters with the Mac's.
	Art, if you want a Mac 26, so be it.  Just remember you will have
water between you and the water.
	So you visited Big Water Marina?  Did you pet my boat on 'A' dock?
It was nice and clean in March. I have heard of serious management problems
at Hartwell Marina.  My suggestion is stay away from there at all costs.
Captain Bob has stayed out of this discussion, I guess his new job is
testing his mettle.  There is a nice new Red Rhodes 22 about 15 minutes by
boat north of Big Water.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA