[Rhodes22-list] Bill's reply on Mac 26 and Hunter Sailboats!

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat Jul 16 11:37:22 EDT 2005

Wally,

Thank you.  I completely agree.  My Mac had a PHRF of 225.  My Rhodes
has a PHRF of 258.  The Mac is faster than the Rhodes.  If the guy in
your marina knows what he's doing, teach him to race with one person on
the ballast blow hole, manning the air pump.  That Mac should win every
light air race.

Ed,

For the first time in recorded history, a Mac26X anchored in Greenwich
Cove.  It anchored right next to my boat.  I hold you personally
responsible.

Doubters:

You might be interested to note the alternative anchoring method
employed by the captain of the Mac26x::

1.  Take a long halyard on the mast.

2.  Wind the line once around your bow rail.

3.  Clip on to a small anchor. (No chain required)

4.  Lower.

I don't think I would recommend this method, but it seems to work for them.

Bill Effros