[Rhodes22-list] does anyone

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Mon Jul 18 21:16:36 EDT 2005

Barney,

I have scoured boat hardware suppliers and the internet for "zero" degree
rail fittings like the ones used on the Rhodes 22 stern rail.   Some
suppliers call them 90 degree fittings, but they are truly zero degrees
(or close to it)    I figured that I would custom make my own.  The
cheapest price I got to have them fabricated for me was about $65 each.
You could check  http://www.bosunsupplies.com

My boat currently has flimsy handrail fittings for stern rail mounts.
They will not take much pressure.  When I get around to doing it right, I
will probably buy 90 degree deck fittings, cut them off and have a closed
ended stanction cap or short section of the appropriate I.D. tubing
welded back on sideways.    Luckily, I have a friend that welds stainless
steel restaurant tables and hoods for a living.  See attached pics.

Or you could try to contact GB.

Todd