[Rhodes22-list] UPS and sail trim

Mark Kaynor mkaynor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 09:25:32 EDT 2005

Bill,

My pleasure. I haven't actually used the system yet, but I do have some
experience imagining using it <g>. I recently crewed on Joss, a 1960s wooden
ketch in the Leukemia regatta here in Deltaville. I was sucking beers and
calling the jib trim imagining all those extra telltales - it was really
interesting (and apparently successful, seeing as we won) to think in terms
of the flow over the entire sail as opposed to just at the location of the
two sets of tells. Pretty cool.

Mark