[Rhodes22-list] Fwd: [chesapeakebay] Sailnet DOA

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:15:13 EDT 2005

Ed,
 Here is some more info on Sailnet.
 Hank

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <>
Date: Jul 20, 2005 10:37 AM
Subject: [chesapeakebay] Sailnet DOA
To: Chesapeake Bay <chesapeakebay at list.sailnet.net>

FYI, if anyone needs more convincing to sign up on
Sailjazz.com<http://sailjazz.com/>'s
Chesapeake Bay listserve, the following is from another Sailnet list.
Evidently Sailnet is belly-up, and it's just a matter of time before their
listserves go down.

Rgds - Don

Donald Smith
Washington, D.C.
T34C *Esmeralda*
Shady Side, Md.

If you know how to navigate usenet, go to

alt.binaries.pictures.sports.ocean

Someone who lives close to Sailnet has posted a series of pictures
showing that the Sailnet sign has been taken down, the parking lot is
empty, and the building is locked up, with a closed sign in the door. He
went once at 9 am, and then when he returned a little later, there was a
Mercedes parked near the door, but despite pounding on the door, there
was no response. He asked around at a few other buildings nearby, and
was told it's been mostly deserted there. If you were charged for goods
you have not yet received, you probably should contact your credit card
company as soon as possible. The photographer did include a picture
showing the license plate of the Mercedes, which you may also find
helpful...

Bill

Ben wrote:

>Sorry for the last post. What I was trying to say was that I
>worked through the dotcom age at a dotcom. IMHO, the writing is on
>the wall for Sailnet from what I have read this morning. Shut down the
>store for a few weeks? Creditor problems perhaps? Might be a good
>idea to to have a contingency plan that states, when the lights go out
>on this list, we'll all meet at "X".
>
>It's really too bad. Sailnet was host to a lot of very good articles
>not to mention the lists and FTP site.

_/) SailNet and Airforce Sails
_/) FAQ http://www.sailnet.com/listmgr/help/