[Rhodes22-list] Reply to Bob Weber, again

ed kroposki ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Jul 27 21:38:41 EDT 2005

Bob,
	Have you ever been to Hilton Head?  If you sail a Rhodes you are not
in the right place.  Look up Capt Bob Keller's trip to Beaufort, South
Carolina for a more appropriate setting not far from Hilton Head.
	There are a lot of us who would like to sail in the Keys.
Nevertheless, keep in mind that is an extra day of towing.
	You might be happier going straight south and join Jim in Galveston
now that would reasonable since you have a Rhodie to give you information on
where to go.
	Want to come east, may I suggest the home of Rhodes, Edenton, North
Carolina or see Alex down by New Bern.  Albemarle and Pamlico Sound have
large open waters which are well suited to our boats because of depth.  Have
you ever seen those waters, they would test your navigation skills.
	Want a place in Florida, try Amelia Island.  I have been there,
sailed there, it is accessible, available and enjoyable.  I never sailed
across to Cumberland Island, but I have been to Cumberland Island more than
once.  If you have never been to Cumberland Island, put it on your list of
places to go.
	You should not have brushed off Lulu's so quickly.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA