[Rhodes22-list] Alans' Boat

Jim White jdwhite at utpa.edu
Thu Jul 28 10:53:21 EDT 2005

Way to go Alan
My Rhodes was the second sailboat that I've rebuilt, (although the work on
it was fairly straightforward). There is a satisfaction with doing that
type of work that some of us find rewarding, it is the means to a larger
end. Others don't see it that way.

Right now my R-22 is operable and satisfies my need to sail, but I just
acquired another project boat, larger and more complex, to satisfy my need
to do mechanics, carpentry and plumbing.

I have found this list to be always helpful, and always spirited, populated
by owners who call themselves, sailors, folks who are always willing to
help out. I live far from any other Rhodes 22, and the information I've
found here and in the archives and pages has proven invaluable, definitely
shortened the already gentle learning curve for this wonderful boat.

Remember, sailing is the goal, the reward itself for your labor. The day
you first hoist sail and heel over, powered by nothing but the wind will
justify the hard work.
jw

Jim White
Le Menagerie