[Rhodes22-list] Pintos and project boats.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Jul 29 20:56:08 EDT 2005

Michael,
I saw a couple of great T-Shirts this past weekend. The first one read: The
liver is bad, it must be punished.....so I did. The second one had: "I hear
voices.......and they don't like you".
My buddy Rodgers boat was more than a project boat. It had a huge hole thru
the hull and had sunk. He purchased it as salvage from the insurance company
for  storage fees. Today it's sailing and is worth around $4,000.00 plus the
great  times we've had sailing on it together....priceless. For some people,
it's  easier to absorb the total cost of a boat extended over the period of time
it  takes to do the work. Labor for them is cheap, especially for a family
man.  There really isn't all that much that can be catastrophically wrong with a
R22  without it showing up almost immediately upon inspection. I'm still for
the  rebuild.
Alex,
I doubt that there are more than a hand full of Pintos still on the
road......and they all have explosive warning signs hanging from the rear  bumper.

Rummy