[Rhodes22-list] Pintos and project boats.

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Fri Jul 29 20:27:43 EDT 2005

Well,

   A beater boat can be as great a first learning boat as an old Pinto.  Ca=
se in point:  My first car was a Pinto.  It was yellowish-green.  I learned=
 quite a bit with that car.  I learned what happens if you yank the wheel o=
ver at 60 mph; what happens when you mix rain and bald tires; if you keep r=
unning through the piles of leaves raked to the curb in the rich neighborho=
od --- awaiting the vacuum truck, some wise homeowner will pile them up aro=
und a fire hydrant, and most important...the optimum speed necessary to jum=
p clear over the jungle gym at the local elementary school is defifitely mo=
re than 45 mph.  Bo and Luke made it look so easy!

Todd