[Rhodes22-list] How bad is some water in the laz?

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Jul 30 21:26:50 EDT 2005

Phyllis,
The only way water can get into the laz is over the rim of the cover.  This
can happen due to the rear drains getting clogged, or have hardened and
cracked,  or in our case, because of more rain that the drains can handle.  Water in
the bilge means that water is entering the cabin. This can come from  several
areas. The most suspect ones are the ports, the companionway hatch and  the
centerboard pennant tubing. These are problems that can be diagnosed and  fixed
easily, it just takes time and perseverance. Place someone inside the  cabin
and have someone on the outside take a hose a spray everything down. I  would
recommend having an outline drawing made up ahead of time to note the  areas
of leakage.

Rummy