[Rhodes22-list] the Crawford adventure begins (for a changeofpace)

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 5 09:18:34 EDT 2005

Frone,

You are correct. You can not furl when close to broaching and losing rudder
control. IMF works best when not under heavy load. I would gain control of
the boat, slowly head up (luffing if needed to slow down), tension topping
lift, head into the wind and furl. It goes a lot smoother now that I have 4
years with boat. I would think loosening the outhaul would increase
flogging.

Wally