[Rhodes22-list] diesel generators

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 20:20:40 EDT 2005

Bob,

Perhaps better wording would be "helps" solve the CO
problem.  Here is a link to an article about gas vs.
diesel and an excerpt.

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/GasDiesel.htm

"Of far more concern is the issue of carbon monoxide
poisoning. Diesel exhaust produces far less CO than
gas exhaust, though diesel exhaust produces suphur
dioxide that can quickly cause nausea, but is not life
threatening. Gas generators are responsible for most
instances of CO poisoning, with leaking exhuast
systems and station wagon effect a very distant second
place. If you plan to do much overighting at anchor
with a generator running, diesel is definitely the way
to go."

The "genturi" I referred to in an earlier posts looks
like what your "nosebag" sounds like.  Still waiting
on the photo.  Your set-up sounds like the best of all
so far.

Brad