[Rhodes22-list] very curious

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 8 12:22:25 EDT 2005

Hello Rhodies,

Admiral Tana and I had a great shakedown 3 day Memorial Day cruise at Kerr Lake.  Now Raven is resting on the trailer outside, getting ready for our Upper Chesapeake trip at the end of June.   (6/29-7/7)

This morning, after a pretty hard rain last night, the cockpit speakers started making a strange noise.  First the port speaker made a popping noise.  I first noticed the noise after the sunlight started to warm Raven's topsides.  I boarded and verified that all circuits were switched off and disconnected the speaker wire lead at the speaker to still the popping noise. Later, the starboard speaker started up, a bit little louder.  So, I boarded and again, verified all circuit were switched off again and disconnected the starboard speaker wire from the speaker.

Does anybody have a guess as to what could be happening?

PT