[Rhodes22-list] For Steve only - long, mild

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Jun 9 21:26:09 EDT 2005

Steve wrote:
> ... your unwillingness to even try and
> understand how the world work...

Frankly, I don't know how you arrived at
that position.  Disagreement with you is
not equivalent to lack of interest in the
affairs of the world, nor a failure to
understand some of them.  I doubt if
anyone understands all of what is going
on.

> It is always better to fight a war on some other
> Country soil as compared to fighting it on this
> country soil.

True enough, if a war really needs to be fought, or
can be fought.  The problem with a "war on terror"
is that it is neither a war in any recognized use
of the word, nor directed at terror -- rather, it
is at best a police action.  There is no territory
to be won or held -- only thugs to be killed.  I'm
for killing the thugs, but we have built a "tar
baby" by occupying territory.

> You need to get over Vietnam.  Yes liberal like you
> caused this country to lose a War.

1.  I thought I was "over" the Nam until it rose up
like a bloated dead body in the water during the last
election.

2.  I was in the Marine Corps from 1961 thru 1966.
I doubt that I caused the country to screw up that
police action.

> As for liberals like you who think the one thing that
> government is to be used for is passing out WELFARE
> checks; Let get one thing stright - Any SOB that sits
> on his or her Ass & collect a WELFARE Check is a
> worstless human being.  THAT IS A FACT.  They are not
> a productive citizen, they are not helping this
> country by doing that, AND they have NOTHING to be
> proud of...

1.  I don't recollect mentioning welfare.

2.  I would class many government drones as even less
productive specimens of humanity -- they pretend to work,
but accomplish only the harassment of their fellow citizens.

> I can only hope that your limited brain Capacity can
> absorb the wealth of information I have provided you -
> free of charge...

I disagree with your assessment of its value.

Steve, I have a variety of positions on a broad range
of topics.  In some cases, I take a conservative (in the
old pre-Bush meaning of the word), and in others, I take
a more humanitarian stance.

I feel that state's rights are being eviscerated, along
with individual rights.  At the same time, I reguard the
majority of my fellow Americans as scared sheep, ready
to give away freedom to avoid any risk to their person
or property, and the politicians are all to eager to
exploit that fear.

I fear that the sacrifices that my father made to fight
for his way of life are being thrown away by a generation
of "me-firsters" with little knowledge of history and
less interest in the welfare of their grandchildren.

Now, Steve, I challange you to be a bit more thick-skinned,
and to take a deeper, longer, and more flexible view of USA
and world events.

Your writing is a caricature of truely conservative
positions, more heat than light, and invites derision
where reasoned thought is really needed.

/Robert