[Rhodes22-list] Bill W's new destination

William E. Wickman wewickman at duke-energy.com
Fri Jun 10 10:39:55 EDT 2005

I'd love to take Wally, but my car will be jamed with three kids and a
wife.

OK to prove it to you, I have attached a picture of the Cape Lookout
lighthouse.  And one of our neighbor at the anchorage.  And one of the
lanuch ramp in Oriental (note the sunken sailboat across the channel).  And
a few others.  Note the missing anchor off the bow pulpit (I lost it
earlier that day in rough seas) and the beautiful blue skies in the
derigging photo.  It is amazing how rapidly and extreme the weather can
change in the Outer Banks.

I actually took a bunch of pictures the first couple of days, but didn't
want to overload the listserve.

I would really like to take another trip out there sometime, and its not
just about getting back on the horse I fell off of.  It is really
beautiful.  On my redo, if I take the family, I would trailer to Beaufort
and sail to Cape Lookout and sail the local area for a couple of days.  Or,
for a longer venue, I would go back to Oriental and sail to Ocracoke, and
then out of Ocracoke inlet (if conditions were right) and down the coast to
Cape Lookout.  I think that sailing out of Ocracoke inlet from the inside
would be less daunting because you have more options for turning back if it
looks bad than if you sail all the way up the coast.

Bill W.

(See attached file: orientalramp.jpg)(See attached file:
USCG_capelookout.jpg)(See attached file: lighthousesunrise.jpg)(See
attached file: beaufort_inlet.jpg)(See attached file:
oriental_derigging.jpg)

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "ed kroposki"          |
|         |           <ekroposki at charter.net>|
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           rhodes22-list-bounces at r|
|         |           hodes22.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           06/10/2005 09:49 AM    |
|         |           Please respond to The  |
|         |           Rhodes 22 mail list    |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  |       To:       "'The Rhodes 22 mail list'" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Rhodes22-list] Bill W's new destination                                                                     |

Bill:
             Too bad you can not take Wally with you.  He has been wanting
that area for several years.
             I presume that you had a digital camera for your trip to the
outer
banks.  Does it take memory chips?  For about $30 you can get another one.
Very few pictures of your last trip.  Oh, you need to get a tiller tamer to
free your hands?
             I did check back thru the pictures you sent, and I never saw
the
Cape Lookout Light house.  I am wondering if you fudged that segment of the
episode.  Document your locations with pictures that we can verify.
Beaufort was quite accurate.  You did have the Harbor Masters quarters in
one picture.
             In the past there was a R22 in Mobile, but I believe it was
sold.
As far as I can tell there is no one on the list currently familiar with
the
coast in that area.  So, the rest of the US and Canada will be waiting for
your reports.
+
Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Look here, they have screened in Lulu's:
www.liveeyenet.com/lulus/
Go to Panama City and stop there.  Give your business buddies some
atmosphere. Sit a table in camera view.  Let us know when you will be
there.
Get somebody to do a screen picture capture.  The place is on the ICW. I
guess they are trying to control the bugs (no see ums).