[Rhodes22-list] Researching the archives of this site

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Jun 10 14:35:16 EDT 2005

Phyllis,

Sorry you felt scolded last fall.  As you have no doubt noticed, people
sometimes get testy on the list, and if you just happen to be on the
receiving end, it can alter your behavior in ways not truly intended.

As a general rule, I think new people should be aware of, and use Tom
Evans' amazing FAQ--something he put together himself, and for which he
was never sufficiently thanked.

http://www.geocities.com/blew_skies/topics.html

Failing to easily find an answer there, I think it is perfectly
acceptable for any new person to throw the question out to the list.

I keep my own personal FAQ, which I index when I have the time, and
search using Google Desktop when I don't.  I save every well-written new
piece of information, even if I don't think I'll ever look at it again.
It's cheap at the price, and I often look at things I never imagined
would be important to me at the time they were posted.

Bill Effros