[Rhodes22-list] Tiller Tamer

Slim salm at mn.rr.com
Fri Jun 10 17:07:16 EDT 2005

> Whose boat has the line controlled tiller tamer?  I think that might be in
> order for taking pictures.  I do not have the autopilot.

I used the tiller tamer on Fandango for the last few years but I'm going to
try to do without it this season.  It's a quick and easy way to  lock the
tiller but unfortunately the plastic housing seems to break easily and I had
to replace it more than once.  Also, the lines prevent you from being able
to raise the tiller to gain access to the laz, so you always have to untie
and retie the lines every time you go to the laz.

This year I'm going to use the tiller extension and the side clips on the
stern rail.  It's not as quick as the tiller tamer but I'll try it for a
while and see if I like it better.  I don't have auto-pilot.

Slim