[Rhodes22-list] BBQ Joints SC reply

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 11 14:23:47 EDT 2005

Bill,

When I lived in NC it seemed like there were small BBQ places all around.
Eastern NC is big on the whole hog BBQ with tomato base sauce. Western NC is
pork shoulder with vinegar base sauce. SC seems to favor shoulder with
Mustard base sauce. It seemed like every small town had a good place. In the
Charlotte area I think Troutman’s was big and up in Ashville Three Pigs was
popular. I don’t know if they exist today. We we moved to TN in 89.