[Rhodes22-list] Larger boats

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Sun Jun 12 20:24:00 EDT 2005

No matter whether you keep the Rhodes or not, if you get a boat like you're describing, you're going to need a wet slip. Maybe two boats and a trailer are in order...

Herb Parsons

S/V O'Jure
  1976 O'Day 25
  Lake Grapevine, N TX

S/V Reve de Papa
  1971 Coronado 35
  Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana Coast

>>> joscook at msn.com 6/12/2005 8:55 AM >>>
I know some of the list members have larger boats.  My wife has us seriously hunting for one, but so far, I haven't been able to get too excited.  I'm pretty stuck on the R22 design for sailing and ease of maintenance and storage.

She likes the stern swim platforms and all the creature comforts on some of the newer boats.

I like the heavier, older designs with a centerboard or shoal keel, and solidly constructed.

She'd prefer  more of a  floating condominium that could comfortably sleep another couple for a weekend and go to the islands for several months at a time.

I would be just fine with keeping my R22.

Any suggestions on compromise here?

Joseph