[Rhodes22-list] I'm Back on Le Menagerie Again (finally)

Jim White jdwhite at utpa.edu
Mon Jun 20 09:50:19 EDT 2005

Yesterday was a beautiful day. First sail since UNT surgery. We cast off
around 830  and sailed till 1300, when it began to get too hot. Winds were
perfect 8-15 out of the SSE, water was Caribbean blue, and we even had a
young dolphin following along just behind the rudder on the return trip.

It was great to go out, though I didn't do a damn thing except drink rum
(yes, I'm learning to drink rum right handed) after the sun went over the
yardarm. My wife and friend Chris handled the sails and rudder, and I
barked orders, just the way it should be.

The elbow is healing up, though still quite weak and tires easily. No
lifting/pushing/pulling/ folding/bending/spindiling or mutilating for
another 4-6 weeks. Sigh.

I am now back at work half days, and looking for other crew to abuse.
Cheers ya'll
jw

Jim White
Le Menagerie