[Rhodes22-list] Anchors

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Wed Jun 22 15:18:54 EDT 2005

Bill,

I agree a 10# mushroom makes a great lunch hook.  After reading your posts,
we used one with just a 3/8" line and a 5/16 quick link shackle on our long
Memorial Day weekend trip to Kerr Lake.  Quick, easy, and it holds the same
in any direction (no resets for windshifts).  In ten knots of breeze with a
Carolina red clay bottom it held just fine.  Not sure I could trust it
overnight a breeze though.

I like you minimalist thinking.  Use the right anchor for the job -- very
elegant.

PT

PS -  What's happened to Wilbers?  I'll grant you the decor is as bad as the
pit cooked barbeque is delicious.  We usually stop there every trip to
Oriental, maybe once or twice a year.