[Rhodes22-list] Playing at Anchor

James Wilson jwilson22 at prodigy.net
Tue Jun 28 16:29:12 EDT 2005

From: "Bill Effros" <bill at effros.com>wrote;

> It sure is nice to see passion about something other than politics!

Here, here!  I heartilly agree.

From: "Bill Effros" <bill at effros.com>wrote;
.....> I can strongly recommend stern anchoring as a technique that will
keep
> both you and your boat safe.  It looks a little goofy, but it works.  If
> you are in an anchorage where everyone else is bow anchored, you may
> want to walk your anchor line up to your bow cleat for appearance' sake.

Another reason to walk the line to the bow is to keep the bow presented to
the wind and waves.  It is much better configured to handle it then the
stern.  Large waves on the stern present far more shock loads at it will not
shed the water nearly as easily as the bow.  And i yopu get some big wqaves
the cockpit can become filled with water with stern to.