[Rhodes22-list] Overstuffing your Boat (was Playing at Anchor)

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Tue Jun 28 20:52:15 EDT 2005

Rummy,
Thanks for the advice and we have been doing that to an certain degree. Due
to our winters, we remove absolutely everything at the end of the season. In
the spring, we look at the items removed in the fall and if we didn't use
something or have come up with a better alternative, it doesn't get put back
on.

My husband did a fair amount of wilderness camping in his past which means
you get pretty sparse - if you can't carry it, you don't bring it. We try to
do the same with the boat but since we use it for extended camping trips, it
still ends up with alot of gear - cooking stuff, food, toolbox, flares. We
do have more cooking gear than most, but I'm not the cook and I'm not going
to argue with the person who is happy to play chef. The lazarette holds the
pop-top enclosure, the grill, and the anchors.

For the most important items - the liquor cabinet stays stocked with easily
refillable nalgene bottles. Yes, Rum is a constant.

Fair winds,
Julie