[Rhodes22-list] backstay tension/traveler bar

P&M Beals beals at rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 29 17:18:54 EDT 2005

Thanks ALL for your help...

I have inspected the sockets several times...last summer and again now,
clearly there was never any hole there...my hunch is that Bob has hit it
that my model a 1986, with probably original traveler bar- the stay sockets
never had a hole-perhaps the screw theory might be it.  I would think the
socket would have the hole, a short screw to go in and impress into the
traveler bar...but it seems the other way around... I have the hole in the
traveler bar, once put into the socket the hole on the traveler bar is
covered up by the socket!
Perhaps I have two different pieces from different years models, the stay
sockets from one vintage and the traveler bar from another...
There have been several owners of this boat over the years..

Just to assure all that the stays themselves look very solid and not worn.

I have put in a message to Stan directly to see if he has anything to add or
anything I can buy from General Boats to help remedy this situation...

Rummy, that is a great photo and clearly I can see the place where the
clevis pin should be.

Thanks all.

Phyllis