[Rhodes22-list] Slot effect

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:18:12 EST 2005

Slim, your answer yes, no is completely correct.  That will work just fine.
If you wanted to milk more speed out of it you would slowly trim to that
position building up boat speed (almost a mute point in the R-22 compared to
more dedicated race boats) and there by add a couple knots of "apparent
wind" created by forward motion of the  boat.  For simplicity just get in
the habit of trimming the genny and then the main since it is effected by
the airflow from the genny.  Hope it helps and gets your brain working thru
the endless physics which come into play as you slowly move along sipping
beer.  COME ON SPRING.  BW