[Rhodes22-list] Some pre-arrival questions

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Mar 2 18:07:11 EST 2005

Timothy Toth wrote:

> 4.) Anyone read a good book about Chesapeake cruising lately??

Mr. Toth - this info is from a fellow sailor, tho not with a
R22.  I've used previous editions, and they are helpful.
They are not the final word, but a good beginning.

"I just purchased the 'Chesapeake Bay (Maryland and Virginia)
Chartbook - 8th Edition' (ISBN:  0875305849) from Amazon.com
for $37.77 (shipping and handling were free).

"The book is 16.5" x 11" in size, contains over 100 pages of
charts and information, and the pages are waterproof.  Also,
if you're daring enough to wander into Borders Books and snag
the manufacture's mail-in rebate seal from the same book, ADC
(the publisher) will send you a $5.00 rebate check.

"West Marine and Borders are asking $59.95 for this book.  My
final cost was $32.57 (a savings of 46%).  Just thought I'd
share this information with you all."

Cheers,
Don Hurry
Alexandria, VA