[Rhodes22-list] Possible new/recycled Rhodes

Richard & Elizabeth Hawko bdhawko at metrocast.net
Tue Mar 1 09:39:15 EST 2005

I presently own and sail a Alberg 30' and am seriously interested in the
Rhodes 22. Have received a bunch of information from Stan via snail mail
and have also done a lot of surfing for information on the web site. Lots
of information to digest. It all looks good. I would be selling my Alberg
prior to any jump to another boat. One at a time works! Stan said to talk
to owners directly concerning the boat. Are there any areas that are a
problem? The traveller system looks a bit unique from the pictures I have.
A bit different from the system I am used to. At present I am looking for a
day sailer without all the gallery etc. I live only five minutes Lake
Winnipesaukee and don't need an overnighter. Box lunches usually work for
me. Weather conditions are varied up here. I have been out sailing in winds
in the 35 knot area. We have over five hundred islands up here and wind
conditions are always a challenge. Will this boat actually sail as
advertised? Any information on the recycled program would be great. My
Alberg has all the toys but I really only need the working sail and safety
toys.

Dick