[Rhodes22-list] Possible new/recycled Rhodes

Richard & Elizabeth Hawko bdhawko at metrocast.net
Mon Mar 7 12:54:59 EST 2005

Wally:
I have played with the concept of adding a jib furling system. All of my
sails at present are really new and good shape and I really hesitate on
going that way right now. Most of the time it is not a problem and I have
no problem with single handing her. When the wind is up in the 30 to 35
knot area, I sometimes have reservations about climbing up on the deck to
drop sails. Usually give myself plenty of room when the wind is up when
coming in to port.

I have owned and sailed a J22 and the comparison between the Alberg can
only be defined as different. The J22 is a fun boat to sail too even if it
is not a Alberg. 1400 lbs V/S 9000 lbs.

Good to hear about the gross trailering weight of the Rhodes 22. Right now
my Equinox is maxed out at 3500lbs.

Dick