[Rhodes22-list] Weekend Sailing Misadventures

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 08:39:12 EST 2005

Brad,

I had typo in post - I should have said the change was caused by the flood
of 2003 not 93. It was highest recorded levels since TVAs existence. Last
year was high as well but not as bad on this end. I didn't realize it but
the water levels are keeping some of the bigger keel boats at the dock. The
huge marine travel lift sits useless. Large boats can't get close enough to
shore for the lift to reach.
We have a marina member who recently purchased a mid 70  34 ft or so
Grampian center cockpit Ketch. I wouldn't comment on how ugly this boat is
but he purchased this boat in MD, had it hauled down to TN. He can't get his
masts stepped because he can't get close enough to shore.

You do get a good look at river bottom when the water is low like this. I
don't have depth gauge and really never look at charts. I wish I had a
better memory.

Wally