[Rhodes22-list] Hey Roger, Ethanol News

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 20:05:57 EST 2005

On Mar 3rd the IRL (Indy Racing League) announced that they would use
Ethanol to fuel the cars beginning in 2006 with a 90-10 mix and going
to 100% ethanol in 2007.

Indy cars have traditionally used methanol to fuel and the colorless
burning has always been a safety issue. At the races, each pit keeps
several 5 gallon paint buckets full of water in case of fire, which is
usually noticed when the driver comes flying out of the car beating
the s**t out of his flame suit.  At that point everyone grabs the
water and throws it on everything.  Water is used because it disburses
the alcohol down to a point where it is no longer flammable.

Just another little tidbit on Ethanol.

Hank