[Rhodes22-list] Speaking of Gennys...

Jim White jdwhite at utpa.edu
Thu Mar 17 08:34:32 EST 2005

Top of the mornin to ya'll,
Speaking of gennies...I just acquired a new  (almost) unused 175 genny with
almost the exact same cut and dimensions as the headsail on Le Menagerie.
My question is: has anyone ever had a standard hank on genny modified i.e.
had a tube pocket sewn on the luff <stay>, and if so did you run into any
problems doing so?.. The other option is to purchase a new CDI furler and
set it up that way. I think it might be a bit cheaper for our local canvas
guy to install a tube pocket for the existing old style stock furler...but
my birthday is coming up if that proves difficult or impractical, and I can
probably convince my first mate as to the necessity of a new furling system.

We had a cold front pass through (dropped weather to the 50's...boy the
spring breakers really loved that!), and strong north winds still prevail.
I may pull menagerie out of the water in the next week or two and do a
routine inspection and bottom paint (although there's little growth even
after having been in the water since last May)...
Cheer
jw

Jim White
Le Menagerie