[Rhodes22-list] The great trailer debate

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Thu Mar 17 21:50:19 EST 2005

Just to let the folks who helped with advice know,I picked up my new dual axel trailer from Triad last weekend.( ordered from Stan). Of coarse it was empty, but it towed like a dream,I kept looking behind me to see if it was still there.Oh yea , it snowed 450 of the 500 mi. home. The trailer had a few extras that weren't mentioned in the GB site.The first thing I noticed , brakes on all four wheels.Wheel bearings have grease fittings. 15 in. tires. And an emergency brake cable that hooks on where the chains hook on the tow vehicle, if the ball snaps off,  and the chains break, the cable locks all 4 wheels on the trailer as it exits to safety with the tow vehicle.
Now that I am happy with my new trailer, would any body like my old one? It is ,I would guess,a 1986 single axel. It has no fenders and it's missing the 2 centering guide boards( which I didn't know it was supposed to have, until I bought the new one)
The tires are good,new lights,wiring and wheel bearings and seals last year.  Price-  $300.

Jerry