[Rhodes22-list] Head Games

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Mar 18 10:57:46 EST 2005

I am seriously considering replacing my marine head with a porto-potty
type head that I would plumb into my existing holding tank system.

I have discovered that the primary source of odors in my system is the
decomposition of marine life in the salt water intake.  I have been
using fresh water in the system for the past 2 years, and this has
worked very well, although it has made use of the head more awkward.

Suggestions for which type and brand of Porto Potty to use?

I don't need to have a large reservoir for either intake or output, and
I am reluctant to carry a lot of water above the water line.  Are the
larger models more comfortable than the smaller models?  (I don't have
to fill the larger models).

Ease of use would be a primary concern.

Thoughts on the output plumbing to the holding tank?

Cost is not of much concern, short of the Meltzer Level.

Bill Effros